Elgin County Library now offers the ability to register for library programs online.
To register for library programs, you have 3 options:
- In person at your library branch
- Calling the library
Below is an introduction to our new online calendar and some steps to get you started:
- Set the Limit by Location to the library branch you are interested in, and click the check mark to view the results
- Set the Limit to Type if you are interested in a specific type of program (for example: adult programming)
- Click on a program name to view program details
- Program details will display on the right side of your screen. If the program has open registration, you will be able to click on the Number of Seats Remaining to register.
- When registering, update the Number of Seats to match the total number of people attending the program with you (for example: if you are bringing a friend who does not have a library card or a child)
- Enter the Names of those who are attending if you are registering for friends or family. If you are registering for yourself, skip this step.
- Click Continue to finish registering online.
- Now that you have finished registering, click the Return to Programs to return to the library calendar, or close the internet tab to return to the library catalogue.
Canceling a Program
- After registering for a program online, if you wish to cancel your attendance at a future time, follow these steps:
- login to your library account
- click your name to view your Checkout page
- click the Program tab
- click the box beside the program you cannot attend
- click Cancel Selected
- Or, if you are canceling all program attendance, click Cancel All
Branch staff are available to guide you through these steps should you need any assistance or have questions.